this are our designs for the mobile icons based on caligraphy, this are the outcome after conducting several user testing with our initial designs & several alterations. please do feel free to comment on them, it will be much appreciated, though please be constructive, thanks.





& a few questions,
what do you think the icons best represent?
were the icons easily recognizable?
what do you like most for each icons?
what do you have to say regarding the colours used for the icons?
what would be your suggestion for improvement?
please leave your comments at the 'COMMENT' section. thanks.
were the icons easily recognizable?
what do you like most for each icons?
what do you have to say regarding the colours used for the icons?
what would be your suggestion for improvement?
please leave your comments at the 'COMMENT' section. thanks.


6 comments:
I) your icons represent the islamic calligraphy.
II) all your icons were easily understood. however the last one took me sometime to realize that it was a wap icon... rite?
III) i like how you were able to manipulate the strokes and yet still retain the characteristics of islamic calligraphy to make your icons. Its better than combining the actual alphabets to construct your icons
IV) THANK GOD YOU GOT RID OF THE GRADIENT!!! hehehe. B&W suits your icons best. XD
V) your icons are fine. Although it was quite confusing for me to understand your last icon. Maybe coz i was expecting of the normal globe icon to represent wap. hahaha Btw, wallpaper mane??? XD
awsome stuff man. ;]tho i still think it looks like zodiac signs lol
1) Islamic Calligraphy
2) Quite easy to understand. I got all 5 at first glance. Maybe not so the last one. I think you have to review back on that one.
3) Love the way you use the strokes to form the outline of the icons as well as the fill instead of using normal way of coloring it.
4) Yeap, Black and white is the best.
5) The last one lor. It's a satellite dish, I could tell cos' I did that also but it took me prob one or 2 secs longer to recognize it. Maybe the antenna could be straighter with only one stroke instead of 3, like the one you used for the settings one.
Last but not least... weee~! So happy to finally get to see your work. ^^Y
1) Your icons represent Islamic calligraphy.
2) Yeah they're easily recognizable. Though I'm slightly confused with the first one. Is it the SMS icon? Because it looks like a book/scroll but it can't be because the second one looks like an envelope.
3) Simplicity and straight to the point.
4) I like B&W. It's suitable for your icons.
5) I don't think your icons require any major modifications. Though I still wanna knw what the first one is? :)
I think the first one is an address book...
haha...yeah its an address book...well, d 5th 1 is my weakest icon after all..darn.. wil refine soon, tho it's alredi been submitted bt why not? thx 2 all 4 ur comments..keep thm coming..
Post a Comment